Corrections to the blogosphere, the consensus, and the world

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Case of the Twelve Red-Bearded Dwarfs, Part 9

A scene occurred after lunch, when the dwarf was asked whether he had ever served in the Navy. He burst into tears and said, between sobs, "Ever since I was a little fellow - well, I mean, ever since I was even smaller than I am now, I longed to be a sailor. I always wore a sailor suit. But my eyesight made my dream impossible of fulfilment. And now, of course, it is too late. There has always seemed to me to be something wonderful in the surge of the waves and the roar of the wind. Then there is the comradeship. I tell you, after such ambitions, it is difficult to resign myself to being pushed through doors by ladies like Mrs. Tasker, for no apparent reason."
At this point Cocklecarrot intervened impatiently, and the dwarf left the witness-box, still sobbing. A lady who shouted "I'll adopt the little dear" was asked to leave the court.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Followers

Total Pageviews