Went to 2012. Special effects as snappy as advertised, but taking them all together I'd be surprised if there was ten minutes in a two-hour movie, all the rest being basically whining drool about being a good husband and father.
The trick, of course, is not destroying the world, it's destroying the world and then ending on an upbeat human story with an improving moral. I have to say they tried hard.
If, as in the movie, the rich bastards of the world all paid a billion dollars to build arks in the Himalayas, they would presumably need the Chinese army to form square around it to keep out the rabble. And I would be very surprised if in that case, billion dollar payout or no billion dollar payout, the final makeup of the passengers was substantially under 99% PLA and their families, or mistresses.
Corrections to the blogosphere, the consensus, and the world
- ► 2017 (14)
- ► 2016 (25)
- ► 2015 (36)
- ► 2014 (41)
- ► 2013 (38)
- ► 2012 (94)
- ► 2011 (98)
- ► 2010 (151)
- More in sorrow than in anger, and more in hysteric...
- Kevin v. Kevin? Alas, no
- The Case of the Twelve Red-Bearded Dwarfs, part 4
- Not bad
- The Brown version
- Don't say cheese
- The Case of the Twelve Red-Bearded Dwarfs, part 3
- From Quiggin
- Greatuncle Malcolm
- Age bin
- Ah, the brave music of a distant drum
- Declaration of interest
- 272,789,137,666,806,000,000 green bottles
- I've got Asberger's syndrome and he's got mine
- The Case of the Twelve Red-Bearded Dwarfs, part 2
- Age bin - the queen
- SIXTY HORSES WEDGED IN CHIMNEY
- somewhere along the way the caper went awry
- Boy's names: Pushing the Envelope
- Autres Temps
- Born out of his time
- Grand Strategy
- ▼ November (32)
- ► 2008 (28)
- ► 2007 (54)
- ► 2006 (46)
- ► 2005 (60)
Subscribe To Live Toad. Then you'll know nothing worse is going to happen to you all day.